Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Hippo Birthday

Hey yall. I've been quite busy this past week. Some of the crafty stuff I made I completely forgot to take a picture of it and now it's too late. Here's one thing my friend Jaime and I made this week. Her little boy Gabriel is turning 2 and she's having a small family party. He kept telling her he wanted a hippo party and she mentioned she didn't know where she would find hippo invitations. Here's what we came up with using the Zooballoo cricut cartridge.

I think it turned out cute, even if it was a bit time consuming. I think Jaime's favorite part was the wiggly eyes. I just think the hippo itself is my favorite part.

Tonight I decided to be creative in the kitchen. If you've been reading my blog very long (or if you even remotely know me), you know the kitchen is not where my talent lies, to say the least. All day today I've wanted some spinach & artichoke dip with fried bowtie pasta like they serve at Copeland's. Finding out that Jason went to Copeland's and had that very appetizer at lunch today was the last straw. I went to the grocery store and picked up some spinach, artichokes, cream cheese, and mozarella and figured I'd just wing it. For once in my life, I made something without directly following a recipe and it was edible!

I'm still in shock that it turned out as good as it did. Not perfect, mind you, but pretty good. I'm a very picky eater and not that familiar with spinach or artichoke, so even finding them in the grocery store took quite a while. They were pretty gross to prepare, but worth it in the end. Jason tried it when he got home from church and said it was pretty good. I'm gonna bring the leftovers to work tomorrow and get suggestions from the girls. Anyhow, I'm gonna celebrate the kiddos being at Mimi and Papa's house by having an early bedtime. Yall have a good night!

2 comments:

Kathy W said...

If you have a clean house too, you might be an alien to accomplish all that!

The Banks Family said...

Love Gabe's card!