Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Recycled Cookbook Envelopes

Howdy folks! I know it's been a while, but I've made a ton of stuff lately! I've been spending more time making & less time blogging about what I've made. I'm super excited about tonight's project.

These are mini envelopes made out of pages from a 1934 cookbook. I used the bread section for these 3 envelopes.
Aren't they super cute! The envelopes are a beautiful old color. I cut plain notecards to go in each one out of offwhite cardstock & the color matched perfectly.

One of the greatest features is that you read most of the recipe in case you wanted to try it out. I think these envelopes will be perfect for all kinds of things. They'd be really great to attach to a gift of kitchen gadgets, or to write a little thank you note for someone who had brought you dinner after a surgery or illness.


Ok, here are the specifics. The envelopes are almost 4 inches wide by 3 1/8 inches tall & the note cards are 3 2/3 inches wide by 3 inches tall. I plan on listing these on Etsy tonight. I listed the music envelopes after I made them, but they haven't sold yet. As long as I'm having fun making them, I'm not gonna stress about selling. Have a great evening & hopefully I'll be back soon with more fun stuff I've made lately!

2 comments:

AP said...

These are really cute. Can you send them through the mail?

Cherie King said...

Thank you so much for lending me the Cricut stuff today! These envelopes and the musical one are SO cute in person!