Thursday, August 18, 2011

Neck Tie Bib--Work in Progress

Let me start off by saying I am now officially addicted to Pinterest.com. I have found the cutest ideas on there! I'm trying to actually make the ideas instead of just always saying "Ooh--I could make that!" Here's the neck tie bib I found on there today.It didn't have a pattern. It was actually from this blog, but didn't have a pattern or instructions. I used my regular bib pattern & made pattern pieces for the collar & tie. I have never tried making pattern pieces before, so this is definitely a work in progress.

I am too much of a perfectionist, so I'm not completely satisfied with how it turned out. There are definitely some changes I need to make to my pattern pieces. I didn't have a whole lot of fabrics appropriate for this project either, but I'm trying really hard to make stuff using what I have since I have so many craft supplies already.

The pictures actually make this bib look better than it did while I was sitting at my sewing machine, so I guess maybe I just needed to step away.



On another note, Anthony & I had a great time today on his last day before kindergarten. We worked on another craft project I'll share later, played with Play-Doh, cleaned toilets (his favorite chore), ate lunch at Chik-fil-A, and made cookies.

Isn't he adorable? He had to wear his apron & chef hat he got at Nanny's Vacation Bible School. He is so excited about getting to ride the school bus with his big brother tomorrow. I've gotta go, but thanks for checking out my blog!

1 comment:

Aunt Pat said...

That bib is the cutest thing ever. I just love it. I'm glad Anthony is finally gonna get to ride the bus!