Sunday, January 1, 2012

2012 Theme: MAKE

Good afternoon & Happy New Year 2012! I decided to get back into blogging to start out my new year. Since I am one of those obsessive compulsive types, I find that having the new year start on the first day of the week is especially inspiring. I was thinking about resolutions (since we all at least consider them this time of year) & enjoyed hearing from my friends in Sunday School on the topic. Several of them make goals for the year instead of resolutions. I decided I would give this year a theme & would make myself some achievable goals. For me, this year's theme is going to be MAKE. Not a big surprise considering I love to make things, but this theme is about more than just crafts. Here are my goals following this theme.

Each day I will MAKE someone smile. This is not a very hard goal, but in looking back I realized there are lots of days when I don't do anything for anyone else. I want to make sure I do things each day to make my family, friends, & even strangers smile.

Each day I will MAKE my house a home. This past year I went from being a full time working accountant to being a stay at home mom. I have no excuse for not doing what I can to make my home an enjoyable place to be for my family. My house may not be spotless when everyone arrives home at the end of the day, but I want to at least keep everything somewhat tidy so no one is looking at dishes or laundry.

Each day I will MAKE time for my kids. It would be very easy for me to get caught up in keeping a clean house & marking items off a list instead of spending real time with my kids, especially the boys. I want to do something memorable with them each day, even if it's just playing video games for 15 minutes.

Each day I will MAKE time for my husband. After a long day of taking care of the house & kids, I have a tendency to just crash when they do, but I want to make sure to carve out some time in my day to spend some quality time with him.

Each day I will MAKE time for God. Oooh, this is a hard one. I hope to have several little times set aside each day when I read my Bible, read one of my many devotionals I have never finished, & spend time praying for others.

Each day I will MAKE something. I want to do more crafty stuff this year & hope to do something crafty each day, but some days instead of making a craft I might just be making a mess or making a closet look better.

Each week I will try really hard to MAKE a listing on Etsy. This is where it gets tough, because I will not allow this goal to interfere with any of the goals above. I am saving money to buy an emroidery machine, so I need to start making some sales.

Each week I will MAKE something with craft supplies I already have that have been getting neglected. Anyone who has seen all my stuff knows I have way too much crafty junk, but I don't like to focus on just one craft! I want to be able to do it all at least once.

I'm sure I could keep going with goals, but I've probably got enough already listed above so I'm gonna stop here. Oh, one more, I'm gonna blog about my goals too! I hope to blog daily, but I'm not gonna commit. If you've made it to the end of this post, thanks for dedicating your time learning about me & my dreams for this new year. Have a great day & I hope to see you back here soon!

1 comment:

Aunt Pat said...

I'm excited to see that you blogged today and I'm looking forward to seeing your "makes". Happy New Year!