Monday, May 21, 2012

Summer vacation day 1 05.21.12

Good afternoon & welcome to our first day of summer vacation 2012!  I've got lots of fun things planned for the kiddos this summer.  Here's our schedule for today.


My boys have a terrible habit of waking up at 7am (or earlier) on all days EXCEPT school mornings.  I told them they needed to stay quiet & in their beds until 8am.  Somehow it worked today!  We all got dressed, worked on cleaning up, then started our first project.


We're a little late to be working on Mother's Day projects, but better late than never.  They enjoyed playing with paint.  We have 2 extra friends over today--Katie & Kelsi.  They came in time for our chalk project.


They traced each other under the carport, then decorated the chalk people.  Katie & Kelsi ended up with the cutest little people!  Anna Catherine basically just ran over everyone in her walker & erased chalk lines with her feet.  Next we had lunch & free play time.  I just have to add here that Joey is doing "therapy" this summer to get him to eat better.  He ate grapes today, so I would say we are starting out with a huge success!


Above you can see them all during rest time while watching "What's in the Bible 1 - Genesis."  Anna Catherine has been sleeping in the play pen in my room for an hour & a half.  I figured she needed to be on the complete opposite end of the house so she could get a full nap.  We've had a great day so far!  In a little bit we'll decide what we're going to do tomorrow.  I am so glad I have Pinterest to help me with lots of ideas.  Be sure to check back tomorrow for more fun summer activities!



1 comment:

ap said...

Awesome! Sounds like y'all are gonna have a great and fun filled summer. Keep it up.