Saturday, September 26, 2009

I found my sewing machine!

Hey yall. After seeing what all Chrissy has made with her new sewing machine (see The Story of Us on the right), I decided I wanted to break out my sewing machine. I bet I haven't used it in 5 years, but I managed to find all the parts and the book (since I can't remember how to use it). I went to Wal-Mart last night and bought the supplies to make a bag. Here it is!
I love how it turned out! I had to improvise a few times cuz I couldn't figure out what they were telling me to do.
I'm kinda scared of zippers. They take more skill than I currently possess, but I can live with the results.

It was so much fun! I'll definitely be making something again soon. Gotta eat some dinner now. Have a good evening!

4 comments:

Aunt Pat said...

fantastic job...i'm very impressed. i'll take one in any color you have available.

Kathy W said...

fun bag, I too am impressed

The Banks Family said...

Wow! Look at you...you just get out that sewing machine and whip out an adorable bag like it's nothing! You're just too good! I love it! Btw...I'm sorta scared of zippers too. Will have to try them one day tho!

Unknown said...

your bag is stunning love the paisley pattern