Sunday, October 24, 2010

Christmas crafting has begun...

Last year I really wanted to do some crafting with a nativity silhouette, but couldn't find one I really liked. This year I've come across several, so I couldn't wait to get started. The first one I got from Shell (see my sidebar for her blog). I cut some light brown vinyl & put it on a black plate, then sprayed some glaze stuff over it to seal it so the vinyl wouldn't peel off. The spray gave the plate a shimmery look. I haven't tried washing it yet, but will do that soon to see how it holds up.

Next I cut out some black vinyl of the same silhouette & put it on a tile. I think I'm gonna go back & use the outline as a mask & ink the image so it will be waterproof without me having to seal the tile. If I seal it, the tile won't be absorbent anymore.

Right after I did these fun Christmas crafts Friday night, my friend Lennie came over & we personalized her a travel mug.


I love how it turned out & I hope to hear from her soon how well it stands up to being used since it's not sealed. If it doesn't hold up, we'll redo it & seal it. Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Look at me, I'm famous :) Loving my travel mug and it's holding up very well!!