Thursday, February 16, 2012

Santa Fe chicken

Tonight I made a new recipe I found on Pinterest. I was pretty nervous but it turned out GREAT! I modified the recipe a bit, so I'm gonna post the recipe I used, not the original. Below I've got a picture of it still in the crockpot.

Ingredients
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 can corn, drained
1 can black beans, drained
1 can original Rotels
1 can chicken broth
1/2 onion, finely chopped
1 t garlic
1 T butter
1/2 T Cayenne pepper
Tony's seasoning to taste
1 t Garlic powder
1 t Onion powder

Melt the butter in a small skillet. Sauté the onion & garlic. Mix all ingredients except chicken in the crockpot. Season the raw chicken heavily on both sides with Tony's & place on top. Cook for several hours. Shred chicken & return to crockpot before serving over rice.

It was pretty spicy to me but Jason loves spicy. We both really enjoyed our new meal!

No comments: