Saturday, February 19, 2011

Quilted Card

Ever since I saw this tutorial on Splitcoast Stampers I've been wanting to try this quilted card. I had made 2 cards with quilt patterns last week, but fell in love with the idea of embossing the quilted area to give the quilt some texture.

The sentiment is "Our lives are like quilts, made of bits and pieces, joy and sorrow, all stitched together with love." It's from a quilting stamp set I've had for a while now.
I'm not crazy about the big yellow bow at the top, but I love the buttons at the bottom. Because I used 1 inch squares to make the quilt, this card is huge, measuring 5 1/2 x 8 1/2.

Below is a picture of what a wreck my desk was when I finished this little project! I've got it cleaned back up now so I can maybe work on something else.


I'm off to decide what I'm gonna make next. Have a good evening & thanks for coming by to look!

3 comments:

AP said...

I like this idea. It's really cute.

don't eat sushi said...

Hi Jenn-
Just wanted to stop by and say hello!
www.smotherboard.com. (Formerly, Please Don't Eat Sushi).

Unknown said...

This is wonderful. Love the embossing it was a great addition.