Friday, November 5, 2010

Mishap in the Minivan

Hey yall. Today has been a LONG day. I knew today would be a rough day at work, I just didn't realize I wouldn't be getting to work until 10am...


I was driving along close to the high school this morning & a 16 year old boy in a huge jacked up truck decided to change lanes. The problem is I was already occupying the spot in the lane where he wanted to go. My van is smashed & scraped on the driver's side from the mirror to the back tire. It really didn't feel like that bad of a hit, so I was surprised when I got out & looked at the damage. The black along the bottom is from his tires, which were wider than the truck. I couldn't get the door open from the outside & once I did, I couldn't get the handle back in place to keep the door shut without banging on it. The window wouldn't roll down either. The frame where the front & back doors meet is bent. His truck has a few scratches on the corner of the front passenger bumper. Everyone was ok, though, & I could tell he felt really bad. His mom was super nice too. We took the van straight to the body shop & State Farm had given a claim number for them to start on the $5k in damages before lunch. In the meantime I'm driving a rental. They tried to give Jason an economy car & he said no, we drive a minivan. They asked if we had a lot of kids & he said yeah, we've got a LOT of kids (cuz you know, even though there's just the 2, sometimes it feels like 12). So I've got a white Chrysler Town & Country minivan for the next week or so. I knew I loved my van, but didn't realize how much until I got a "replacement" van to drive. I miss my van. Anyway, I didn't make anything this evening, but I figured I'd share my little adventure with yall. Have a good night!

2 comments:

Bee's hive said...

This happened to me not to long ago, and they gave me a suv. I was whining the entire time "I can't see if I'm going to back up ON someone!" "These doors don't slide!" "I want my lubmacheen I want my lubmacheen!", Anyhow I hear your pain is what I'm trying to say. And I am glad no one was hurt, whew!

Unknown said...

I am so glad no one got hurt. What a scary thing to see a huge truck coming at your van!