Saturday, May 2, 2009

New Happy Hoppers

I stamped and colored my new Happy Hoppers stamp twice this evening, which is a record for a new stamp at my house. I usually dream or think about them for quite a while before using them. In fact, I've got several I've had for quite some time that I haven't used. I'm not thrilled with either of these. I did the green one first. My blac k Stazon is getting dry and needs to be re-inked, so I used a different type of ink. The ink I used smeared just enough to aggravate me when I used the OMS to blend it. Plus I had Anthony "helping" me, so my colored pencil got blended several times when I didn't want it to. I tried making a wall and floor on this one, which I will try again probably.


On the purple one, I didn't blend anything with OMS. I'm still not loving my coloring skills. I'm considering going back to watercolor crayons. They are more forgiving. If you go too dark with those, you can water the color down enough to kinda start over. The purple background is embossed with the Cuttlebug argyle embossing folder. It's mounted on gray cardstock.

I'd like to leave you with a picture of the happy mail I got yesterday. Aunt Pat sent me the cutest card. The yellow background is embossed. The little metal trinket at the top is a dragonfly (or is it a butterfly? I can't remember now).

That's all for this evening. Oh yeah, after bath time this evening, Anthony had a chocolate snack pack.

Doesn't that look yummy? He thoroughly enjoyed it. I hope your Saturday was wonderful. Mine is about over. Good night!

2 comments:

~MudpieMouse said...

I love both cards ... you did a great job telling a little bit different story just by changing the colors. Keep on stampin' on.

Aunt Pat said...

I absolutely love the green one. It is too cute. I wish I had me some of that chocolate sugar. He looks so yummy.