For some reason I decided I wanted to be able to make a cute pillowcase. The first tutorial I found online was exactly what I was looking for! It makes a standard pillowcase with a cuff & narrow decorative trim. Plus it had French seams, which I have been wanting to try.
I found 3 pieces of coordinating fabric (thanks Mom!) & got to work. This wasn't the fabric I had in mind for a pillowcase, but I wanted to test it out first without using my favorite fabric since I've bought all they had left on the bolt at Hancock's & now I'm hoarding it.
I think it turned out really cute though! It's hard to see the narrow trim because only about 1/4 of an inch of it shows, but it's green with a print on it.
Above you can see what French seams are--they don't have any raw edges to ravel. The raw edges are actually encased in the seam. It wasn't hard at all & I think it gave it a nice touch.
Here's the finished product! It was a little big on the pillow I put it on, but it wasn't the fluffiest pillow. I'm gonna find a really fluffy pillow & see how it fits. If it's still a little long, I may shorten it next time. Thanks for stopping by & looking at what I made!
Visiting the Missouri Star Quilt Company
23 hours ago