Sunday, September 28, 2008

From Courtney's Closet Challenge # 18

I had some time on Saturday night to play along with Libby's FCCC #18. Here is the card I made.The red carstock and gingham paper are both from Creative Memories several years ago. I used my CM small heart maker to punch out the heart-shaped strawberries, then used a black pen to draw in "seeds." I just freehand-cut the stems or leaves or whatever you call the green part of the strawberry. I used a Stampin' Up stamp (background basics or one of the others) to stamp tiny hearts and dots in Versamark on the cardstock. It needed a little something else, so I added the 3 white flowers. Here's Courtney's outfit.

The bottom of her dress has strawberries on it. This is only the second week I have gotten to participate in the challenge, but when Anthony (age 2 1/2) looks at my blog and sees her, he says, "Courtney?" to which I say, "Yes, that's Courtney." How sweet is that! I hope yall have a great day!




16 comments:

Shelly Koskinen said...

This card is so cute! I love the strawberries!

Unknown said...

You did excellent on the strawberries! I love it!

JB-Crafting Supplies said...

Cute card, I love it!

Julie sbs-24

Stacey Schafer said...

cute, cute, cute! love the berries:)

swannermom said...

that card is great! not sure about the challenges you're talking about....do they tell you what to make or do you come up with it all off the cuff?!
also, how in the world did you get the counter on your page? i've tried...where do you put the code? HELP!

LORi said...

Super cute card!! Very fresh!!

Kathryn said...

Super Super CUTE! Love how you did the strawberries -- I never would have thought of that -- so creative! :)

Chrissy D said...

This is LOVELY! Love those strawberries and that baby is beautiful!!! TFS!

Anonymous said...

Awwww...cute card and cute baby! :)

Anonymous said...

This is so cute!! I love the gingham look, I don't think it will ever go out of style! And a baby in gingham to boot....can't get any more precious than that!!
Great work!

Sue from Oregon said...

oh goodness I love love this card...the strawberries are just great!

Anna Banana said...

I really like the strawberries made from hearts - very clever! It looks just like a summer picnic on the gingham and with the flowers :)
Anna Banana

Anna Banana said...

I really like the strawberries made from hearts - very clever! It looks just like a summer picnic on the gingham and with the flowers :)
Anna Banana

kc_froglady said...

oh those strawberries look so luscious! YUM!!!!!!!!

Libby Hickson said...

I'm so glad you got to play again, Jenn!! Your card is adorable - I just love those strawberries!

Kerry D-C said...

oh my gosh, this is just TOOOOO CUTE!!! love all the strawberries!