Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The first step is admitting you have a problem...

Ok. I'm ready to admit it. I have a serious problem. When it comes to crafting, I have the attention span of a, well, I don't know what. Something with a tiny attention span. Maybe even a non-existent attention span. Here's the deal--I LOVE making things. All kinds of things. Last night I picked back up on crocheting this afghan that I started in 2001. The yarn is hideous, but there's just something therapeutic about sitting in my pj's, snuggled in my snuggie, and crocheting. So this evening after work, when I should have been catching up on my glass etching, I went to Michael's because they were having a sale on yarn.

Yep, I NEEDED all 10 thingies of yarn. And the new crochet needles because the yarn is of various sizes. And the Mickey Mouse Learn to Knit kit, because I don't know how to knit and it was on clearance for $6.99 (regular $14.99) and it says ages 8 and up and I figure if I'm 32 it should be really easy for me. Plus the knitting needles are shaped like Mickey Mouse at the top.
Yeah, I can't help it. Let's see if I can name all the crafts I've done. I've done some cross stitching, crocheting (I actually finished a few washrags a few years ago), card making, scrapbooking, sewing (the purse a few months ago and a few dresses several years ago), glass etching, t-shirt making (I forgot to share that with yall--I cut iron on vinyl with my Cricut), quilting (exactly one quilt), Christmas ornaments, and I think that's about it. I also like to read, so a few weeks ago at the library sale I bought 38 hard back books. Who knows when I'll read them, but they were 50 cents each and you can never have too many books. Oh, I've carved my own rubber stamps and made my own notebooks too. So as you can see, I have an issue with all things crafty. I have a full time job and a full time family, leaving little time for all these hobbies. Thank goodness Jason and the boys love me anyway. If anyone hears of a craftaholics anonymous meeting around my area, please let me know. Maybe someone there can teach me a new craft. Until then, I need to go learn how to make a granny square.

3 comments:

Sue from Oregon said...

hehehe I think we could be tweedle dee and tweedle dum!

Aunt Pat said...

i love all the colors. You can give it to me when you're done.

Unknown said...

LOL I do the same thing I try everything. If i like it watch out! My daughter is wanting to get into jewelery making....it was something I never wanted to try but I have no choice now. Poor hubby will be over run with craft supplies!