Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Learning the Copics

Hey yall. I played with my new Copic markers a little yesterday, but was still trying to get the hang of things. This evening I like the progress I've made with them. Here's the card I made.

The coloring takes time, but I am pleased with the results. I've never been able to color with my Stampin' Up markers without leaving streaks. I've seen other people do it, but I just never figured it out. I could probably apply what I've learned with my Copics to those markers, but right now I'm concentrating on the new ones. I bought a C1 & W1 to use with my starter set and they have really helped with blending.

In other news I finally had time to watch the Twilight movie last night. It left out a lot of details that are in the book, but I really enjoyed the movie. I can't wait until November 20 when New Moon comes out. I've always been on Team Edward, but after seeing Jacob in the new trailer, well, I may have to cheer on both teams.

Birthday update--today I received a birthday card from my Mom and Dad. Anthony loved the glitter on the front (he called it sprinkles), so the card is a little weathered looking now. I don't know what I'll be doing the evening of my birthday. Jason's parents will be in town and Jason said they could watch the boys while we go out to dinner, but we haven't really talked about it since Sunday. We usually do a birthday dinner somewhere with all our friends. The last 2 years I have chosen IHOP because nobody argues with me about where I choose on my birthday and normally no one wants to go there but me. OK, yall have heard enough about my special day for tonight. I need to get in the bed and dream about my Copics (yeah, I'm a nerd).

4 comments:

Kathy W said...

what fun! I been thinking about copics myself- maybe Christmas time, wonderful card too!

Kathy W said...

what fun! I been thinking about copics myself- maybe Christmas time, wonderful card too!

Unknown said...

Great card. Copics would be a wonderful gift maybe next year for my birthday! I am tean jacob! Love him so much morre then whiney moody edward!

kc_froglady said...

I love my Copics, the more you use them the more fun they seem to get too! This is great with the blues and browns together.