Monday, June 29, 2009

My New Rileys

Hey yall. Here are the pictures of the Riley cards I made Saturday evening. I have really enjoyed coloring these mooses (I think the plural of moose is just moose, but it kinda sounds funny, so I'm gonna say mooses).

Here are Riley and Sophie at the beach. I made a chalk background. I'm not crazy about it, but it's better than when there was no background.

Here's grillin' Riley. I used my Copics to make the background for this one. For the clouds, I just removed some of the blue with my colorless blender. The blue and green cuttlebug backgrounds are from a swap I was in on SCS.

And here's tractor Riley with similar cuttlebug backgrounds. I had to make his tractor a John Deere. For this one, I colored in clouds with my Prismacolor white color pencil before coloring on the blue Copic, then wiped the marker off the penciled area. I like the way both methods turned out. I can tell I ordered these right before Father's Day, because I ended up with the tractor Riley, grillin' Riley, and cowboy Riley. I'm really impressed I used them so quickly, especially since I bought the unmounted ones. I usually wait a few months before actually mounting them, but this time it took less than a week. I think taking the pictures out by the pool in natural sunlight helped. The only problem I had was that there was a tiny breeze that kept blowing my cards over.

By the way, I don't think I've mentioned this, but my booth at Bayou Crafters has not sold anything. It's only been a week, but I'm a little disappointed. To cheer myself up, I'm gonna bribe yall to leave me comments. In the next day or two, I'm gonna draw a random name and I'll send a card to that person, so be sure to leave a comment! I may even send more than one card, depending on if I get several more done in the next few days. If you have one of these Rileys that you really like, let me know. That way if you win, I can send you your favorite. Thanks!

4 comments:

Aunt Pat said...

Riley & Sophie are so cute. I especially like the John Deere one. Of course you know why that is. I like the way the pictures turned out taking them outside.

Anonymous said...

The first card background of the pool is perfect for their outfits, CUTE, so CUTE. It makes it seem like they could just jump in and swim, lol. Don't feel so bad about no sales in a week, people are just probably not wanting to come out and about in the heat. They are good and sales will come.

Anonymous said...

Opps....I left the last message and failed to sign my name...to big of a hurry.
Debbie N.

Emily said...

Loving the Riley cards!